Thursday, April 30, 2009

End of the semester


Wow its already the end of the semester! Cannot believe this is the end already. Usually I think the Spring semester seems to drag on and on. This semester not the case before I knew it April was upon us. I think this class has taught me a lot about the field of education. There was so much information to cover with such a broad topic. What I really enjoyed the most was through observations, and reading what my classmates thought about the topics we had to post on. It was really interesting to read what others thought as well. Listening to your peers gives students a more reflective thought on their own response. Also I found it much easier to agree or disagree with someone in this class than others because we were not in a classroom. I think students say more information when they are not in front of a group of people.Out in the field the teacher I was observing gave me many opportunities to have full access to the classroom. Which was nice because I was allowed to teach lessons and help the students when necessary. I am very grateful for that.

When it came down to the final exam for this class I was at first a bit nervous. What helped a lot was breaking down the assignement each week and getting the chance to work on it. This helped for this last week especially with many last minute assignements. I believe the phone conversastion with the professor was nice because it made the class feel more connected than just through the interent. Many professors would never take that kind of time to do that.

I liked the textbooks in this class in particular for the lit circles. They were both easy reads so that in it self was a time savor, but they were interesting as well. Made me think about what was going on out in the field as well as what I was supposed to be learning. I am sure there is much
more to cover, but I cannot think of everything. Thanks for a great learning environment and a great semester!Have a good summer everyone!


http://www.salemstate.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment